Thou Shalt Not Touch...

just a brief post while taking a break from my editing job...

I seriously think there should be a clear written rule that one shall not touch a stranger's baby, out of one's whims and fancies.

The one and I, were doing grocery shopping at Giant's yesterday and while walking towards the exit, this one woman (who looked like a sales person waiting to hand out flyers or so) suddenly held out one hand, wanting to pinch or hold little jj immediately after her eyes caught our precious darling.

Hey, I get it when someone is so baby-friendly. The one is one of them... he can never focus on any conversations with me when there's a baby nearby. He'd make funny faces, wave his beautiful fingers (hiks!) to the infant or toddler and make him/her laugh. But, never have I seen him charge towards any babies so that he could touch them.

I think that no matter how much we love looking at cute little darlings, I don't think it is polite for you to just walk over and put your dirty hands on babies, who are well known to be quite sensitive to bad vibes, negative energy and especially, cleanliness. I don't know where you were from, how many hands you've touched and even those flyers that came from the print machines contain bacteria. Note: mother cat and her claws ;D

Even close friends would ask for permission to hold another friend's baby... and even then, friends would always be sensitive enough to know that they need to be clean before touching someone else's baby by washing their hands, at their very least.

Seriously. We were put off by that gesture.

2 comments:

emly2175 said...

hahaha! how protective we are to our babies! Maybe it's due to the fact that we hate seeing our lil darlings got sick..Plus it's a heartache and sakit kepala and risau pun when the lil' ones is sick..

I used to pray that Arissa will grow up fast when she was a baby. But not anymore now.. ;)

Cosmic_GurL said...

Okay will try very very hard not to touch if I ever do see you and your baby...hehehehe...